Certified Forensic Loan, Audit With Affidavit Of Expert Witness
A forensic loan audit is a scientific investigation of a loan to identify if the lender has violated any laws in the servicing of the loan. In the audit, a firm or individual’s records are evaluated to derive evidence that can be used in the court of law.
Forensic loan audits are used to confirm cases of fraud, embezzlement, or any other financial crimes, with the auditor serving as an expert witness during court proceedings. In the forensic audit, the auditor will investigate the following illegalities;
- Conflicts of interest- this is where the lender may illegally use his or her influence for personal gains at the expense of the company.
- Bribery- this is where the money is offered to get situations to be in one’s favor.
- Extortion- this is the use of intimidation, threats, force, or violence to gain money from an individual.
- Asset misappropriation – the lending institution may inaccurately submit falsified invoices or illegal payments.
- Financial statement fraud- this is the deliberate omission of financial data that often leads to the creation of a false impression on the part of the reader on the financial strength of the organization.
A forensic loan audit is performed to investigate the errors that may be found in loan documents. The audit may uncover issues such as;
- Overstated values in the loan income.
- Misleading disclosures
- Excessive fees
- Documentation errors.
An affidavit is a written statement that is confirmed under oath that is used in court as evidence for any illegal acts that may have occurred in the process of acquiring a loan. The statement is usually in the form of a report of the audit conducted and it includes the auditors’ exhibits of the illegalities that have been committed. For a free consultation please go to